Thursday, July 24, 2014

Another gem

Summer is busy time for writers, apparently. Or "writers," possibly. At any rate, after turning down the vampire atrocity, I was offered a book that comes from this genre:

murder mystery set in an unusual place with some what initially seems to be fantastic or fantasy creatures, until once learns in a simple style form the locals that others with powers based on technology beyond the main characters knowledge are really involved in what is going on.

So...humans from the future?

Also, I'm pretty sure I told my superiors that I wouldn't take any books from this specific genre. 

Here's the plot of this book from what we affectionately call the MMSIAUPWSWISTBFOFCUOLIASSFTLTOWPBOTBTMCKARIIWIGO genre:

ask for this separately I don't have one here now I WANT THE EDITING TO START

Yikes. I purposely sat on this one for a day before turning it down just to fuck with this guy.

Here's what he suggests for the interior of the book:

A FONT that has been used in fantasy and science fiction possibly scurlock

So your book is sci-fi/fantasy? Huh. That sounds a lot easier than MMSIAUPWSWISTBFOFCUOLIASSFTLTOWPBOTBTMCKARIIWIGO. Just saying.

Also, what the hell is scurlock? Is this a word I should know? I'm assuming he meant the font scurlock, which you can download for free here. Probably don't use this for an entire book. 

And finally, at the end of the questionnaire:

There is a roman background, romans translocated from earth.

In other words:

Humans from the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment