Thursday, January 13, 2011

Heart you!

What's up with saying "I heart" something? What is this verb "to heart"? I imagine a conversation something like this:


"I heart Hayley Williams."
 "Oh my god no! What the hell is wrong with you? Don't heart Hayley Williams! What are you -- some kind of weird stalker who continually mentions people on her blog and then goes and hearts them? Don't do it, FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY!"
"Heart you!"

So I definitely will be telling people to heart off from now until I figure out why this stupid verb has come into existence.



**Disclaimer for people who now think I'm stupid: obviously I know what this means. I get that we are trying to verbalize an emoticon so we can say things like the name of the movie "I Heart Huckabees." I just think it sounds stupid.

**Other Disclaimer: You should see the movie "I Heart Huckabees." It's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment