Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Monday!

I just started work on a book project, and the first part of the process is transcribing an interview with the "author." I know this person's name, and I understand how to do a search on the Google. However, he felt it necessary to spell the name of his "idea" four times in the first 1:24 of the file. It's "BEE-ing." Capital "BEE," hyphen, lower case "ing." Should I say it again? I know it's complicated, especially without the internet to help me search for such things. 

Then, when he finally got over spelling his "idea" name, he said this:

"'BEE-ing' (capital B-E-E, hyphen, lower case 'ing') is our play on the word 'being.'"

Oh my god, he's right! "BEE-ing" does sound an awful lot like "being." I never would have noticed that had he not explained it to me! Thank god for this brilliant man and his brilliant ability to brilliantly describe things! 

I really hope this project doesn't continue this way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment