Monday, October 17, 2011

Smoky the Bear

From Urban Decay's Facebook feed today:


UDers, smoky or smokey? There is a "correct" spelling... Hint: One is the name of the really awesome mascot for the United States Forest Service.


Yes, everyone. A makeup company is irritated at you for spelling "smoky" wrong. I don't even understand why this is an issue. I thought that was one of those common things. We were always taught "Drop the E, add the ___." (-ly, -ed, -whatever). But I guess not everyone was taught that. People talk about doing a "smokey eye" all the time in the world of makeup.

Well, guess what. These people are wrong. WRONG! And apparently Urban Decay wants you to know it. It may be Smokey the Bear and Smokey Robinson, but the adjective is spelled "smoky." So get it right. And probably buy Urban Decay products for all your smoky eye needs or something.

Side note: probably 90% of the makeup I wear is Urban Decay. This pleases me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment