Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Introductions

Some writers use cover letters, but at my place of employment we have questionnaires we make each author fill out before we edit their book. I can usually tell what I'm getting myself into by whether or not the author can coherently fill out the questionnaire. Sometimes, however, they trick me.

My new book is about cats. Yes, cats. The questionnaire was painfully long and detailed, with questions about marketability and in-depth plot and character analysis. Sounds promising.

The author does not write in paragraphs. It's all one long paragraph with some random spaces in there to break it up every once in a while. She's worried about marketing her book when she doesn't even know what a paragraph is.

Good lord this one is going to try my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment