Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Like a what now?

Came across this stunner in my newest book:

The plane streaked upward like a raped ape.

Okay, now this guy seriously has problems with similes. I knew that already. It's like he just chooses random things and sticks them together with the word "like" in there. They usually make little to no sense.

But what the hell is this? Is this a thing?

Well, according to Urban Dictionary, a "raped ape" is something that goes wicked freakin fast. So apparently this is something people say. No, really. Someone must say it.

Which brings me to my next question. Wait. What?

I can only hope this is exclusive to whatever lovely neighborhood in Boston that Urban Dictionary entry came from.

And no, this is not one of those things that will be really funny to say to me the next time you see me. Do not say it. Ever. In fact, forget about this post altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment