Sunday, June 5, 2011

Slim-fast

I fairly recently changed my Facebook status to "engaged," so of course I'm getting hit with a massive number of bride-oriented ads. They're mostly harmless. I ignore them because they're stupid or giggle at them because they're really stupid, and then I move on with my day. 

This morning, Facebook hit me with this one from Slim-fast: "All brides should do this!" Yes, all brides should diet and lose weight before their weddings. 

Okay, I know obesity is an epidemic in America, but so is poor self-esteem. Do we really need ads like this? Really? Every woman needs to diet? Come on now. I know some women go nuts with the pre-wedding diet bullshit, but some of us just want to look like ourselves. 

Thank you, Slim-fast, for telling me that I am unfit for marriage in my current physical state. I must change if I truly want to be desirable. What a fantastic message. Thanks for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment