Friday, February 25, 2011

Gorilla warfare

From an exchange on Facebook:


Me: Wisconsin could form its own little cheese-and-beer-loving dictatorship.
Friend I've Never Actually Met: Yeah, but then you could overthrow him and install yourself as Generalissima
Me: I will further consider your proposal once I have assembled my gorilla army and planned my coup.
Person Who Doesn't Know Me: ‎^guerilla (just sayin')
Friend I've Never Actually Met: I think she wants to use actual gorillas.


This is such an interesting conversation to me for so many reasons. First, I'm extremely thrilled that this friend I've never met immediately understood that "gorilla" was a joke. I am not that dumb. Second, I find it entertaining that this person who doesn't know me thinks so highly of himself that he immediately assumed I was that stupid and he should take the time to educate me. 

But of course, my immediate response (which I didn't post, sadly) was:

Me: ‎^guerrilla 

Because if you're going to be enough of an ass to correct someone you don't know on Facebook, probably you should at least spell the word right. Just sayin'. 

1 comment: